Thanksgiving is coming up and we’ve put together a wonderfully delicious Thanksgiving meal for you to enjoy! All of our recipes are IP-compliant and great for sharing with family and friends. From a colorful veggie medley to a sweet pumpkin pie souffle, there’s something delicious for everyone. View the full menu below.
We know that Thanksgiving can be tough when you’re on a diet. Read our tips for surviving Thanksgiving while on the Ideal Protein diet! >
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- Place whole head of cauliflower in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Rub cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Add ½ cup water to the dish
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 ½ hours, or until a knife cuts easily through the core
- Remove cauliflower from oven and allow to cool
- Coarsely chop and set aside
- Add cauliflower and 4 cups water or stock to pot
- Simmer until cauliflower is very soft, about 10 minutes
- In a high powered blender,puree in very small batches until smooth
- Transfer back to pot and bring to a simmer
- 2 C Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1T soy sauce (low sodium)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp walden farms maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Dash of liquid smoke (sugar free)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients, except Brussels sprouts.
- Put halved Brussels sprouts in a large reseal able bag; pour marinade mixture into bag. Gently turn bag several times to coat Brussels sprouts.
- Place Brussels sprouts, cut side down, on a baking sheet; discard any remaining marinade.
- Roast for 15 minutes; remove from oven and flip Sprouts over, cut side up. Continue roasting until desired doneness, approximately 5-10 minutes additional.
Servings: 2C veggies
- 2 C. fresh French cut green beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp ginger paste (or a pinch of dry ground ginger)
- 2 T. Soy sauce
- Steam the green beans by adding 1” waster to a medium saucepan. Add the steamer basket; place green beans into the steamer basket. Bring water to a boil over high heat. When water starts to boil, reduce heat to medium and cover. Steam approximately 8-10 minutes or until fork tender, checking occasionally.
- In frying pan, heat olive oil on medium/ medium high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Stir to mix.
- Add the steamed French green beans; saute until heated through and slightly wilted.
Ingredients (can be adapted to any IP approved vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower etc.)
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups cocktail tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Note: If you do not have Italian seasoning you can use equal amounts of basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a bowl add all the mushrooms and veggies. Drizzle with olive oil then add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and toss until well combined.
- Dump the veggies to a baking sheet and place in the preheat oven. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cauliflower is fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- 2 heads cauliflower, washed and cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Steam the cauliflower pieces until very tender
- Puree cauliflower in a food processor, add in olive oil and salt
- Reheat in a casserole dish in the oven at 350° for 20 minutes
- Add garlic to taste
Servings: 4 souffles = 2 unrestricted; 2 souffles = 1 unrestricted
- 1 IP pre-made caramel pudding
- 1/3 C. liquid egg whites
- 1 IP plain pancake mix (dry)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. *pumpkin pie flavor fountain
- Cooking spray
- Walden Farms marshmallow dip
- Walden Farms caramel syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking powder and pancake mix; stir thoroughly to incorporate the baking powder throughout.
- Add the pre-made pudding, liquid egg whites and flavor fountain extract. Stir till mixed.
- Add the soufflé batter to 4 sprayed ramekins (3” diameter), dividing evenly. Set aside.
- Fill an 8” x 8” baking dish halfway with hot water; microwave 2-3 minutes or until boiling.
- Using hot pads, carefully take the baking pan out of the microwave and set on a work surface.
- Place each ramekin into the water bath making sure the water stays just below the lip of the ramekin. (Eliminate some of the water if need be)
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake 15 minutes. Cool 15-20 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop of marshmallow dip and drizzle with caramel syrup (optional).
TIP: The top will form a ‘crust’ and you will have some sinking of the soufflé in the center; this is normal.
*You may substitute the Pumpkin Pie Flavor Fountain with ½ tsp. Watkins Pumpkin Pie Spice extract, available at Walmart. If you can’t find either, add ½ tsp. vanilla extract + ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice in place of the Flavor Fountain or extract.
This is one NON-Restricted Dessert!
Serves 1 C veggies
- 1 C peeled and cubed chayote squash cut in small cubes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1T + 1 ½ tsp sugar free sweetener
- 2 T water
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 T each Walden Farms apple butter and maple syrup
- Place cubed chayote in a small bowl, microwave 3 minutes on high.
- Heat a medium frying pan over medicdm heat. Add all ihngredients.
- Stir fry the faux apples until thehey start to brown and soften, about 10 minutes.
- Turn burner to low (add more water if necessary), cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Turn off burner and cool.
- Place the caramel fried apples in container and refridgerate until ready to use.
Step 2- Oat Crumble
- ½ C Caramel Fried Apple IP maple oatmeal mix- dry
- 1 ½ tsp sugar free sweetener
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 T water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together dry ingredients
- Add water and mix with a fork, pressing the dry mix into the water until ingredients are moist.
- Place crumble mixture onto a baking sheet and spread out with fingers as much as possible.
- Bake 5 minutes, remove from oven and crumble with fingers.
- Bake 1 minute more, remove from oven and crumble again. Let cool.
- Top Fried Apples with Oat Crumble.
This is one NON- Restricted dessert!